An intensely delicious and healthy chili. This dish is perfect to keep you warm on a cold winter’s night as well. It was extremely easy to make. I love cooking in the crock pot.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 15 oz. can chili beans
- 1 15 oz. can seasoned black beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of Garlic Goodness
- 1/2 tablespoon of Honey Hype
- Shredded cheese of your choosing (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron frying pan on medium heat. Once oil has gotten hot, add ground turkey and chopped onion. Continue to cook until ground turkey is reduced to crumbles and no longer pink, then drain out any water or fat.
- Place other items into the crock pot while cooking the turkey/onion hash. Once the hash has been drained, add it to the slow cooker. Set the crock pot on low. Cover and cook for 3 hours.
- Serve hot. Add cheese and hot sauce to taste, as you desire.