UPDATE: I am entering this recipe into a contest for the Food and Wine Conference in Orlando. All info for the conference can be found here: CLICK!
Love is in the air and Don Stugots is here to help you to make an awesome dish for that person in your life that stole your heart. Alfredo sauce has always been something that I have been reluctant to try and make, mainly because I assumed it was so hard to make. Well, I was wrong. So, for this being Valentine’s Day and all that, I decided to try my hand it and whip some up.
I ended up making fettuccine alfredo with some steamed shrimp. I spiced the shrimp up a bit before and after they were steamed, that is optional to do on your part, since it is according to taste. I do suggest either a sweet or out right hot spice if you were to do it, just for contrast of the sauce. Mild or zesty may not work so well, but again that is just my taste.
- 1 pound of fettuccine pasta
- 1 pound of cleaned, deveined shrimp
- 1 stick of butter, salted or unsalted
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 3/4 cup of grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Honey Hype (I have found this product to be the perfect mix of both sweet and spicy for my tastes)
- Black pepper to your liking
- 1 tablespoon of AWESOME ONION (Not available for sale at this time)
I won’t list how to make the pasta or to steam the shrimp, that should be self explanatory. If you do need some help, just let me know and I will be happy to walk you through it.
- Put drained pasta back into pot
- Put steamed and spiced shrimp in pot
- Put Garlic in to medium sauce pan on high heat
- Followed up with the stick of butter and cream cheese
- Break the cream cheese into smaller parts with wooden spoon
- Stir until butter is melted
- Push spoon down onto any large lumps of cream cheese
- Slowly pour cup of milk into the pot and keep stirring
- Stir for five minutes
- Pour cheese into the pot
- Lower heat to medium
- Stir until all lumps are gone
- Pour over pasta and shrimp
- Add spices
- Mix until all pasta and shrimp is over in sauce
- Serve and enjoy
Small tip, if you are serving this to a loved one and want to make it super romantic, I suggest only setting up one place setting and two forks. You can eat out of the same plate or feed each other. Very Lady and the Tramp.