I am always looking out for healthier versions of my favorite dishes. If you remember a few weeks back, I posted a blog about chicken wings. After that blog post, a few people asked me to come up with or to find a chicken wing recipe that was healthy or at least not as fattening as fried, battered, delicious wings. I am not one to back down from a challenge, so I started looking. Lucky for me that I didn’t have to look for long, a friend at work read the blog and gave me such a recipe.
I will admit that I had my doubts of her claims that the wings would come out perfect. Well, I was wrong, thankfully. This recipe makes the wings come out perfectly crispy, well cooked and tasting great. If you are wondering how the wings come out so crispy, it is magic. No seriously, it is science. The baking powder alters the PH of the chicken skin while baking. Magic does sound better though.
- 10 chicken wings or drums
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Mix the baking powder in a small bowl with the salt
- Preheat over to 250 degrees
- Place wings on rack or baking pan
- Sprinkle the mixture over both sides of the wings
- Place in over and cook at 250 degrees for 30 mins
- Remove from over
- Increase temperature of the over to 450 degrees
- Flip wings on pan or rack
- Put back into the oven for 45 minutes
- Remove from over and add spices or sauces
As you can see from the video below, I use spices and sauces from two great local companies. Both of which ship anywhere that you are. You can check them out and tell them that “Stugots sent me.” Intensity Academy and Taco Jesus.