I am always looking to test the limits. It doesn’t matter if it with my work skills, cooking skills, working out, comedy and even my diet. With that said, over the next few weeks, I will be cutting back on my carb intake. While this will be done as a means to help to eat better, it will also be done to test myself since I am a carb addict. All of that leads to this week’s Eat UP. I put a little Don Stugots spin on a few different dishes that come together to form up like Voltron to make this meal.
What I did here was take Swedish meatballs and combine it with General Tso’s Chicken. I used ground turkey and used the slow cooker. No deep frying or fatty red meat, which I do love but ground turkey tastes delicious too and is better for me.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons of Garlic Goodness
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 12 oz bottle of Chai Sweet Chili
- 4 oz of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onion, chopped
- Mix ground turkey in bowl with Garlic Goodness with salt and pepper
- Make ground turkey into meatballs of various sizes
- Place meatballs in frying pan over medium flame
- While meatballs brown, pour soy sauce, green onions and Chai Sweet Chili into slow cooker
- Once meatballs are browned all around, place them into the slow cooker
- Put lid on, turn slow cooker onto HIGH and cook for 3 hours