When I put it out on the Eat UP show page on FB that I decided to do “Breakfast for Dinner” on Eat UP & Eat OUT for the month of May, the response was strong. My inbox was loaded with suggestions and narrowing down the menu was not easy. Over the next few weeks, I will be bringing you just some of those suggestions. I really could do a show every day this month with these but sadly, only 4 will get made.
The first item being cooked up, was “Hash Brown Waffles.” Basically, the dish features all of the items on a classic breakfast plate. Eggs, cheese, ham and of course, hash browns. This meal can be made in advance, heated up in the microwave or toaster oven and eaten on the go. Perfect for those mornings where you are running late and still need to eat.
- 1 20 ounce bag of “Simple Potatoes”
- 1 8 ounce bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- Salt and Pepper (Ah, push it. P-p-push it good.)
- 4 slices of Taylor Ham, diced
- No stick spray
- Put eggs into a mixing bowl with 1/4 of whole milk
- Thoroughly beat eggs
- Once beaten, place potatoes, cheese and ham in the bowl and mix
- Heat up waffle iron
- Apple a thick coated of non stick spray to the waffle iron
- Pour mixture from bowl on to the waffle iron and spread it out
- Cook until golden